How to Choose a Water Damage Restoration Company
It’s hard to know who or which company to trust when you have a water damage let alone an emergency water damage. Here are some tips on how to choose a water damage restoration company.
1. The water damage restoration company should be licensed and insured. The technicians should be highly trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
2. Look for a water damage restoration company with local referrals. Ask your family, friends or neighbors as word of mouth is still the most consistent marketing technique there is. Check online reviews such as Yelp, Google or Facebook.
3. Choose a water damage restoration company that answers the phone regardless of time of day or night. A true industry professional water damage mitigation company will be able to arrive quickly if not 24/7.
4. Hire a professional company that provides a detailed contract with the scope of work for the services needed, approximate completion date and the price before any work is started. Know the pricing structure before you sign off on anything and also know that the scope of work can change once the work begins as additional damage may be found.
5. The water damage restoration company you hired should have knowledgeable staff to work with your insurance company and how to accelerate the claims process.
Water is so intrusive and can wreak havoc with your home and personal possessions. Stay on top of what can be done to prevent water damage by keeping plumbing and appliances in good working order. Also check in with your insurance agent so know the ins and outs of your insurance policy.
If you are in need of a professional water damage restoration company, contact JW Home Care for a free estimate.